About the PNC Leadership Assessment Center
While there is no "typical" way that assessment centers are run, here is a brief rundown of what an LAC day may look like:
- Participants are briefed on the assessment center prior to the day of assessment.
- Participants, trained assessors, and administrators report to the assessment center site early in the morning on the given assessment date.
- The administrators give a brief orientation and make introductions among the day's group.
- Throughout the day, participants take part in a series of exercises while being observed by assessors.
- During each exercise, assessors observe behaviors and take notes.
- Following each exercise, assessors create a brief report summarizing their observations of each candidate.
- After participants complete all exercises, the assessors discuss each candidate in depth based on assessor observations and ratings.
- Assessors create developmental plans for each candidate based on his/her performance throughout each exercise.
- The following week, each candidate receives both an oral and written report on his/her performance in the center including ideas for development.