College awards Scholars medals at fall commencement ceremonies
This afternoon the Schreyer Honors College will be presenting Scholars medals to 35 students graduating with honors from Penn State’s University Park campus this weekend. A 36th student, graduating from Penn State Erie, The Behrend Campus, will receive a Scholars medal during commencement exercises being held this evening at the campus.
The academic achievements of the fall 2012 graduating class of Schreyer Scholars include:
- a class-wide grade point average of 3.80
- two bachelor degrees being awarded to nine class members for meeting the requirements of two majors
- one class member earning degrees in four majors
- five Scholars earning their bachelor’s and master’s degrees through the Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate program
- four Scholars serving as student marshals representing their academic college during commencement exercises
Speakers at the Medals Ceremony include Penn State President Dr. Rodney Erickson; Dr. Robert Pangborn, the University’s interim executive vice president and provost; and Dr. Christian M. M. Brady, dean of the Schreyer Honors College.
Penn State’s commencement exercises will be held on Saturday on the University Park campus.