Mentor a Scholar
Remember what it was like before you got your first "real" job, thought about grad school, wrote your honors thesis?
Remember all the things you didn't know then, the things you know now, and what a difference it would have made to have been able to talk to someone about what the future could hold.
That's the idea behind the Scholar Alumni Society's Menoring with Honors program. Mentoring with Honors connects current Schreyer Scholars with Scholar alumni — people like you who are in a position to share what they learned at Penn State and how they've applied that learning since graduation.
- Open to all Scholar alumni
- Mentor/mentee matches are made at the beginning of each fall semester
- Matches are for a year (typically, fall semester through the end of the spring semester or the following fall)
- Matches may be renewed if both the mentor and mentee wish to do so
- Every attempt is made to match all interested alumni mentors with mentees, but not all mentors are matched each year
As a mentor, you will:
- Develop a supportive relationship with your mentee and share information about your own successes, failures, career choices, and life experiences.
- Help your mentee understand how what they are learning in the classroom now will apply to broader life and work experiences in the future.
- Serve as a resource for information, counsel, and support.
- About 1-2 hours per month
- Connect once or twice a month with your student by phone or e-mail
Visit the form linked below to sign up to become a mentor. If you've already signed up, you may revisit the form at any time to update your profile.
If you have questions about the Mentoring with Honors program, contact:SHC Development & Alumni Relations