Medals Ceremony Reception: Senior Awards Ceremony
- Date 05/04/18 to 05/04/14
- Time 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
- Location Alumni Ballroom, Nittany Lion Inn
Friends and family are welcome to join Scholars in the celebration of their academic achievement in this pre-ceremony reception.
The Schreyer Honors College Senior Awards Ceremony celebrates the accomplishments of students through four awards established through the generosity of faculty members and friends of the college. The awards include:
- The Paul Axt Prize
- This award recognizes the distinguished service and commitment to honors education by the University Scholars’ program’s founding director, Dr. Paul Axt. The award recognizes the graduating Scholar who best exemplifies, “the passionate commitment to inquiry that promotes high scholarly achievement and the intellectual curiosity and daring that lead to the development and pursuit of wide-ranging interests.”
- The Douglas G. and Regina C. Evans Research Achievement Award
- This award recognizes the graduating Schreyer Scholar “who has accomplished the single, most extraordinary research achievement.”
- The Usharani and Channa Reddy Mission Award
- This award is given to the graduating Scholar who has excelled in and integrated all aspects of the Honors College mission statement: academic excellence, global perspective, leadership and civic engagement.
- The Robert W. “Bear” Koehler Award
- This award honors a graduating Scholar earning a degree from the Smeal College of Business who best exemplifies the accomplishments of “Bear” Koehler’s life of service at Penn State and who has achieved a distinguished record of service to the Schreyer Honors College and to Penn State.
A member of the Scholar Alumni Society will welcome graduates into the Penn State Alumni Association and alumni relations staff will be on hand to tell you how you can stay involved with Penn State and the Schreyer Honors College after graduation. Graduates who update their contact information for the alumni directory will be entered into a drawing for one of two lifetime memberships to the Penn State Alumni Association.
Light refreshments will be served.
Business casual attire requested.Graduating Scholars, please RSVP using SRS.
ContactSHC Development and Alumni Relations