In the Schreyer Honors College, we offer a small college experience within the environment of a large research university — the best of both worlds!
Schreyer Scholars will take a combination of honors courses along with traditional Penn State classes. Most Scholars take no more than two honors courses each semester.
Each year, more than 200 honors courses are offered across the vast curriculum at Penn State. Honors courses are characterized by:
- Small class size with fewer than 25 students
- Instructors who are honors faculty, typically leading researchers and experts in their field
- A dynamic class environment dominated by debate and discussion
- Enriching, challenging class assignments
Specially designed honors coursework includes:
- Leadership JumpStart
- This honors course is designed to provide incoming Scholars opportunities to build leadership skills through a community service project.
- Rhetoric and Civic Life I & II
- This innovative course addresses the need for integrated communication. It employs an instructional method that combines oral, written, visual and digital communication in a year-long experience with a single instructor.
It's all about balance and challenge to make the best of Penn State even better.