Schreyer Scholars are bright, resourceful students but they still need help navigating the requirements of both Penn State and the Schreyer Honors College. They also need advice about how and where to take advantage of the numerous opportunities available to them, and more importantly, how to find what those opportunities are.
The Schreyer Honors College complements the University’s resources by providing additional staff and programs specifically to assist Schreyer Scholars. Resources include:
SHC Weekly Newsletter
The Schreyer Honors College sends a weekly e-newsletter to all Scholars that contains the following:
- Schreyer Honors College academic announcements, deadlines and events
- Career Development events, due dates and information sessions
- Internship and research opportunities
- Weekly features
- Links to job listings and fellowship/scholarship opportunities
- A link to our Interest Area Subscription page where Scholars can sign up to receive customized e-mail content directly related to areas they self-select (i.e. business, education, information technology, law, sports and recreation, etc.)
Your honors adviser is your go-to person for your course selection process as you plan your academic path. We encourage you to contact your adviser with any questions, or ideas, you may have during your time as a Schreyer Scholar.
The Academic Team hosts events throughout the year to help you prepare for your thesis. Whether you are deciding on a topic or hitting save for the last time, we’re here to support you every step of the way. Upcoming events include:
- Thesis Boot Camps
- Formatting Sessions
- Departmental Thesis Guides
Your goal is to have a positive, productive college experience and our job is to help you get there! For questions or assistance, please contact:SHC Academic Team