Types of Aid
A variety of financial support is available to students in the Schreyer Honors College at Penn State. Funding may come from the Honors College, the student's academic college, or Penn State's Office of Student Aid.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- A $4,500 Academic Excellence Scholarship is available for all Schreyer Scholars entering directly from high school. This is a merit-based scholarship and is awarded regardless of the student's financial need. It is renewable for a total of eight semesters*, pending good academic standing and the fulfillment of all requirements of the Schreyer Honors College.
- Need-Based Scholarships
- Need-based scholarships are also available through the Schreyer Honors College. Eligibility is determined through the FAFSA, filed centrally through the Penn State Office of Student Aid.
- State & Federal Aid
- Other state and federal aid programs which Schreyer Scholars may qualify for are noted on the Student Aid website.
- Grants to support student research, study abroad, and internships are available through the Honors College to Schreyer Scholars. During the 2012-13 academic year, more than $400,000 was awarded to students for these educational enrichment opportunities.
*Note: Schreyer Scholars enrolled in five-year undergraduate degree programs (Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering) receive the AES for their fifth and final year of study.