Lodging & Dining
When visiting Penn State, you can make yourself right at home at University Park or venture off campus to experience what has been ranked as one of the best college towns in the U.S.
You will find two hotels on the University Park campus along with business-class hotel chains, independently owned motels, and bed and breakfasts throughout downtown State College and the surrounding area.
Penn State Hospitality Services
If you work up an appetite during your visit, food choices on campus and off will give you plenty to choose from. Check out an on-campus dining hall, grab lunch at the student union, or venture downtown where you can find local, chef-owned restaurants, national chains, coffee shops, diners, and more than a dozen options for pizza and subs. Options include:
- Campus Dining Halls
- Sample food stations, salad bars, all-you-care-to-eat buffets and à la carte items, at one of Penn State's seven dining commons.
- On-Campus Eateries
- Find fast food options in the Hetzel Union Building, Penn State's student union.
- State College Area Restaurants
- Get a taste of local flavor.
- Have dinner come to you, or grab it and go as you hit the road.
Whatever you do, leave room for dessert, and enjoy a scoop of Penn State's Creamery ice cream. If you're in luck, the Schreyer Honors College's signature flavor, Scholar's Chip, will be among the day's features.