Schedule a Visit
A visit to Penn State can consist of many things — general campus tour, self-guided walking tour, a visit to the Schreyer Honors College, or meeting with representatives of academic colleges. With a little planning, you can create a personalized visit to maximize your time.
- Scholars Day
- This flagship program is a day-long event which includes: a presentation about the Schreyer Honors College, a panel of current Scholars, an academic college information session, a campus tour and honors housing tour, followed by a reception so you can chat with Schreyer Honors College staff, faculty and current Scholars.
- Student-Led Tours
- Comprehensive student-led tours of the Penn State University Park campus are organized through the Undergraduate Admissions Office. They include a one-hour presentation about the University, as well as a full campus tour.
- Self-Guided Tour
- As an alternative, you can see the University Park campus at your own pace by going on a Self-Guided Campus Tour or on the iHear Walking Tour. All you need is a cell phone and a good pair of walking shoes.
- Information Sessions with Schreyer Honors College
The Schreyer Honors College at University Park hosts information sessions for prospective students. These sessions are for high school students who are interested in learning more about the Schreyer Honors College at Penn State. Appointments last 60 minutes and are meant to compliment your visit to University Park. You will meet with a Schreyer Admissions staff member. We offer appointments Monday and Friday at 2:00 PM. Please schedule your appointment with the Schreyer Honors College via the Undergraduate Admissions website below.
We recommend scheduling at least one week in advance for best availability. Reservations are required for these sessions and they tend to fill quickly, so make your plans and act quickly.
- Academic College Visits
- If you are interested in visiting an academic college or sitting in on a class during your visit, contact their college advising center and schedule a visit with one of their advisors.
Regardless of which tour you choose, don't forget to visit the Penn State Bookstore for a memento and the Berkey Creamery for a scoop of our own ice cream flavor, Scholar's Chip!
After planning your visit, getting to University Park is easy. Major interstates, bus lines (Greyhound, Megabus, Trailways) and airports (University Park: SCE) serve the immediate area.