STOP Hunger Now is a special service project during SHO TIME that will provide meals to hungry families in developing countries by engaging student volunteers as part of a national campaign. Students will work together to raise $2,500 by August 15, so that they have the necessary funds to host a meal packing event.
Just 25 cents is enough to give a meal to a family in need:
Provides a family with 20 meals
Gives 100 meals, more than three months of food
Gives 200 meals, enough to give 28 families a good meal every day for a week
Gives 400 meals, enough to feed a good meal to an entire community in a developing country
Please consider giving a gift today to feed a hungry family. You can truly make a difference.
Your gift makes it possible for Scholars to make an impact by packing meals for those who need it most:
im•pact. Verb. \im-'pakt\
- George Inglis 2013 Lead SHO TIME Mentor
- to have a direct effect on
- "One of the amazing parts of SHO TIME is that it introduces incoming Scholars not just to Schreyer Honors College, but also other academic and service programs so they can get involved and make an impact from Day 1."
pack•ing. Verb. \'pa-kiŋ\
- fill (a suitcase or bag), especially with clothes and other items needed
- During SHO TIME — Schreyer Honors Orientation — we pack plenty of information, fun, and activities into a Scholar's first three days at Penn State and still give them time to unpack and settle into their new home. At SHO TIME, incoming Scholars will learn what it takes to succeed in the Schreyer Honors College while finding their way around campus and getting acquainted with new and returning Schreyer Scholars.
- STOP Hunger Now is a special service project during SHO TIME. This year's service component of orientation hopes to raise awareness of the importance of civic engagement. The joint project with Stop Hunger Now will engage student volunteers as they work together to raise the necessary funds to host a meal packaging event, which will help mitigate hunger. The goal is to collect $2,500 by August 15. To make the largest impact possible in our community, we need your help.
For more information about this or other campaigns, please contact:SHC Development & Alumni Relations