Society of Distinguished Alumni Mentoring Application
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - Friday, May 20, 2022
The 2023 Society of Distinguished Alumni Mentoring Program application is now open. This unique opportunity matches Schreyer Scholars with members of Penn State's Society of Distinguished Alumni, the highest honor bestowed upon an outstanding alumna or alumnus.
Distinguished Alumni involved in the program are or have been leaders in industry or academia, and they have a deep interest in helping students at their alma mater make valuable connections or providing career advice.
The following is a list of potential Distinguished Alumni you could be matched with, please review and indicate on the application your top three choices. Please keep in mind this does not guarantee you will be matched with your top choice, but your input will help the committee in the matching process:
- Charles Bierbauer, ’66 Com, ’70g - Former CNN senior Washington correspondent and veteran reporter covering national and international affairs
- Régine Lambrech, ’75G, ’85G - CEO and Head Consultant at International Education Consulting
- Alan Bedrick, ’74, ’78g - Pediatrician Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Jerome Griffith, ’79 Bus - Chief Executive Officer, President and a member of the board of directors of Lands’ End, Inc.
- Thomas Ulmer, ’96 Lib - Captain in US Navy
- Rick Riegel, ’85 Eng - Chief Executive Officer of Phlexglobal Inc.
- Hellene Runtagh, '70 Lib - Independent Director of Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- Priscilla Guthrie, '71 Eng - Chief Information Officer National Intelligence
- George Santiago, Jr., ’86g, ’94g - President and Administrator at Briarcliffe College
- Joan McConnon, ’81 Bus - Associate Director and Chief Financial Officer of Project HOME
- Bill Jaffe, ’60 Com - Owner of The Jaffe Group a management consulting firm
- Lou Grabowsky, ’73 Bus - Co-Founder and Managing Director of Juniper Capital Management
- Todd Blackledge, ’83 Com - College Football Analyst and Broadcaster for ESPN/ABC Sports
- Harold Cheatham, ’61 Lib - Dean and Professor Emeritus at Clemson University
Event ContactRosanna Mersinger
814-863-2636 Student Programs