Bates White Information Session
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- 5:15 PM- 6:30 PM
- Grandfather Clock Lounge, Atherton Hall
Do you have an interest in applying creativity and analytical skills to solve real world problems? Would you be excited to conduct detailed research, analyze large data sets, and contribute to expert reports that detail your findings? Bates White, an economic consulting firm providing expert analytical support to attorneys, Fortune 500 companies and government agencies, will be hosting an examination of economic consulting and a case study workshop.
5:15 p.m.Penn State graduates and Schreyer Scholar alumni will discuss what it’s like to work in the fun and challenging consulting environment at Bates White, as well as how to apply for an internship experience with the firm.
This session features the folks from Bates White presenting an economic consulting information session, providing students with:
- An in-depth perspective of the field of economic consulting
- A detailed description of the types of problems that economic consultants are hired to solve
- More information about applying for Bates White’s Summer Consultant Program, which is an intensive 10-week internship program that provides a unique opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities while making meaningful contributions to the firm.
After the information session, there will be a short break during which pizza and soda will be provided. The presentation will resume around 6:15, when students will have the opportunity to participate in a case study workshop led by the Bates White Consultants.
6:15 p.m.The workshop will involve students in exploring:
- The steps one can take when trying to solve the problems described in the evening’s first presentation
- The way in which one can use available information to make informed assumptions and develop reasonable estimates
- How to draw conclusions based on these assumptions and estimates
Please RSVP below.