Financial Seminar with Bob and Susan Edwards
- Date 11/07/18
- Time 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Location C9 Atherton Hall
"Money for Your Life - A Personal Finance Seminar" with Bob and Susan Edwards.
Take control of your financial life and let your personal goals drive your spending and investment decisions. Mr. & Mrs. Edwards provide a top-down approach to managing your money, including issues that impact the income you receive and the debts you owe.
- What is a 401(k) and should I get one?
- Do I have a monthly budget? How do I create one that doesn't take a lot of time and effort?
- Should I use credit cards? What are the risks and how can I optimize their usefulness?
- What is a credit score and how do I make sure mine is in good standing?
- How can I manage and make investments?
- At the end of the 2 hour, hands-on seminar, you will have the information and resources you need to give you the confidence to take control of your financial life.
Student Attendee Testimonials
"College is a great place to teach people technical skills for adulthood, but many people often forget about basic life skills like financial planning. Bob and Susan Edwards were able to take a complex topic like money management and easily outline the important points we should know for adulthood. They gave me the resources I need to be prepared."
"The workshop offered an essential first time exposure to the world of personal finance in an easy to understand, low-pressure setting."
"The topics they focused on effectively pinpointed the essential that we, as young adults need to know."
This seminar is hands on, so you are REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR LAPTOP. You will also receive a free copy of the book, I will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi which will be used in the seminar.
Food will be provided so be sure to RSVP by Monday, November 5, to reserve your seat and your book.
PLEASE NOTE: There are three seminars, November 7 & 8 (there are two seminars on the 8th), We kindly ask students to RSVP for only one as they are duplicate sessions.