L.E.A.D. Workshop: Separated but Sociable
- Monday, October 19, 2020
- 5:00 PM- 6:00 PM
The Schreyer Honors College is proud to announce a new and exciting series designed and led by CAPS. Learning to L.E.A.D. is a series of interactive, web-based workshops focused on Leadership, Empowerment, Advocacy, and Diversity awareness and skills! These workshops, designed and facilitated by CAPS with input from current Schreyer Scholars, will provide tools to help you thrive as a Scholar, an ally, and a friend. You will learn coping strategies to manage the stressors facing college students today from the impact of COVID-19 to final exams.
At this first workshop, you will learn techniques to form meaningful connections during the pandemic.
These conversations will not be recorded, so you will want to RSVP today. Feel free to share this with your friends in Schreyer and remind them they must RSVP at this link. All participants will receive a Starbucks e-gift card following each session.
Be sure to mark your calendar for the following future workshops in this series. Each event is scheduled from 5-6 p.m.:
- Thursday, November 5 - Failing Forward
- Develop strategies to effectively cope with disappointment and grow from challenging experiences.
- Thursday, November 16 - Communicating with Cultural Competence
- Practice ways to broach difficult conversations to be an effective ally for yourself and others.
- Monday, December 3 - Perfecting Imperfection
- Relax and recharge before finals with mindfulness and self-acceptance exercises.
Event ContactMelinda Furer