Supporting Honors Courses Course Development & Enhancement Awards
The Schreyer Honors College offers Course Development/Enhancement Awards to support the design, development and improvement of honors courses for our Schreyer Scholars. Faculty members seeking to develop new honors courses or enhance existing honors courses are encouraged to submit a proposal.
These awards may be used to develop or enhance a course, secure course materials, support the involvement of special guest speakers, to fund related travel or research costs, to assist students, or some combination thereof. The award must contribute directly to the development and implementation of an approved honors course to be offered in the upcoming year.
Proposals must outline work that will support the Schreyer Honors College mission. Innovative formats, themes and approaches are highly encouraged. Past awards have provided students opportunities to:
- Visit important geographical, historical, and environmental sites
- Engage in collaborative projects
- Complete projects in a new way with enhanced materials and technology
- Interact with special visitors to campus
- Study abroad and/or participate in service learning opportunities
While preference will be given to proposals including such enhancements, these specific examples are not formal requirements as long as the connection to the Honors College mission is made explicit.
To apply for one of these awards, please contact our Academic Affairs Office, with the following:
- A one-to-two page proposal addressing the criteria listed above
- A syllabus or prospectus, as appropriate
Applications will be reviewed by faculty who have been involved with honors coursework for the Schreyer Honors College.