Events & Career Programming
In order to supplement Penn State Career Services and to provide unique opportunities to Schreyer Scholars, SHC Career Services offers a variety of events and career programming.
- Seminars with Schreyer alumni in various professions
- Panel discussions with Scholar alumni about their experiences in graduate and professional degree programs
- Invitations to career information sessions held on campus by employers
- "Treks" or trips to New York City or Washington D.C., to meet with Scholar alumni to talk about a chosen field. Past treks have included activities focused on consulting, careers on Wall Street, etc.
- Overviews of the application process for national scholarships and fellowships
- Networking lunches and dinners with visiting Scholar alumni and other University guests
- Day-long business simulations held through the PNC Leadership Assessment Center to assess participants workforce leadership skills and recommend areas for future development
- Mentoring programs that match Scholars with Scholar alumni, members of Penn State's Society of Distinguished Alumni, or fellow Scholars
For information on upcoming events:
- Read the weekly Career Services Listserv, which is e-mailed each Thursday. Special events with alumni and recruiters are frequently announced.
- Like our Facebook page to learn about upcoming Career Services events. We post information about events on the page regularly. Other postings include career tips and feedback from Scholars about internships.
- Keep an eye on the SHC Events page
Have a great idea for a Career Services event? Would you like to help the Career Services staff with managing our events? If so, please contact:SHC Career Services
Schedule an Appointment