Meet Our Students
"Please describe a typical Schreyer Scholar"
We get this question all the time from prospective students and their families.
But it's kind of like asking to describe the intricacies of a snowflake — no two are the same, but each one has distinctive characteristics that make it unique and special.
So it is with Schreyer Scholars:
- They represent a broad range of academic disciplines, from chemical engineering to music theatre.
- They enjoy a wide spectrum of activities from classical music to rugby.
- They participate in campus organizations as different as the Penn State marching Blue Band to the Clown Nose Club.
- They come from around the U.S., and the world, from large cities and small towns, and can often speak multiple languages.
But, they have some things in common:
- They are inquisitive, talented and resourceful
- They have integrity and do the right thing
- They step up when help is needed, know when to lead and when it is better to take a step back
- They seek a challenge and want to make a difference in the world
Get to know some of our students here.
You'll see these characteristics in each of them
And you might even recognize yourself in some of their stories!