At the heart of giving back to the Schreyer Honors College is student scholarship support. Among Schreyer Scholars, the need is great:
- Over two-thirds of our Schreyer Scholars applied for financial aid.
- Schreyer Scholars who demonstrate need have a total outstanding need of almost 5 million dollars — this is need that Scholars have after financial aid packages are awarded.
- The gap between essential costs and available aid (including loans) averages more than $9,000 per year for financial aid recipients.
- The average educational debt for graduating Schreyer Scholars with loans is almost $30,000.
But giving back means more than just tuition support. Generous donors support travel abroad opportunities, student programming, and more.
- Almost 300 Schreyer Scholars were awarded travel grants to countries such as India, Brazil, Kenya, Singapore, Vietnam, Ecuador and Turkey.
- Philanthropic investment made the Schreyer Globalization Certificate a reality for Scholars who will live in a global society.
- Generous donations supported various student programming initiatives, including SHO TIME and the Luchinsky Lecture.
Please join today in helping ensure that these programs and financial opportunities are available for Schreyer Scholars.
To learn more or to make a gift today, contact:SHC Development & Alumni Relations