Enhance your honors experience by taking advantage of the engagement and leadership opportunities outlined below:
- SHC Student Council (StuCo)
- One of the most active student councils on campus. It provides a wide variety of leadership opportunities to Scholars through academic, service, and social activities.
- Scholar Assistants (SA)
- Upperclass Scholars who live in honors housing to establish and build community among Schreyer Scholars.
- Schreyer Honors Orientation (SHO TIME)
- Three-day orientation offered every August to incoming freshmen Scholars. Approximately 100 upperclass Scholars serve as orientation leaders to help new Scholars transition to life at Penn State.
- Schreyer Gateway Orientation (GO TIME)
- A special orientation program offered each year to new Schreyer Scholars admitted through the Gateway application process. Returning Scholars can volunteer to serve as mentors to help the Scholars learn about the Honors College and all of the opportunities that await them.
- Scholar Advancement Team Volunteers (SAT)
- A team of approximately 20 Scholars who serve as ambassadors for the Honors College. They represent the Honors College at special events for alumni and donors, provide tours of campus and honors housing, meet with visiting families, and share their experiences as Schreyer Scholars.