Our application is equally weighted among three essays, five short answers, two teacher recommendations and the high school transcript. We do not use any standardized test scores.
As with Penn State's application, ours goes live on September 1. A link to our application activates on the student's MyPennState dashboard only after the student begins their Penn State application.
If a student applies by November 30, they are eligible to request an interview. The interview is optional; opting out of the interview will not impact the student's application in any way.
The last day to apply is December 20. We are not part of Naviance or the Common application—recommendations must be submitted online through a link we send to the teacher's e-mail. In addition, we will only use the self-reported transcript submitted by the applicant in their Penn State admissions application.
No mailed, faxed or e-mailed documents will be accepted.
- July: Essay Questions Posted
- Look for our essay questions on our website. Encourage the student to start working on them early!
- September 1: Application Opens
- Penn State and Schreyer Honors College application opens. Apply to Penn State first, then log back into the MyPennState account to apply to the Schreyer Honors College. Apply early!
- November 30: Priority Application Deadline
- Priority application deadline for Penn State and the Schreyer Honors College. If a student applies to Penn State by November 30, they are guaranteed to get a Penn State decision by January 31. If they apply to the Schreyer Honors College by this date, they are eligible to interview for the SHC.
- December/January: Interviews Conducted
- Schreyer Honors College admissions interviews are conducted.
- December 20: Application Closes/Deadline for All Application Materials
- Application closes at 11:59:59 PM EST; all letters of recommendation must be submitted by this time.
- Late February/Early March: Decisions Posted
- SHC decisions are posted online. Acceptances are followed up with a formal letter.
We communicate with the applicant throughout the entire process and are happy to answer any questions.
After a student submits their application, they may visit our SHC Application Status page to check the receipt of supporting documents. It is the student's responsibility to ensure all documents are received by the SHC and that the application is complete by December 20.